Gracie Diet Recipe Of The Month
April 2006 - Bread Pudding, by Angela Gracie
- 5 slices of bread
- 1 apple cut in small pieces
- 1 Can of condensed milk
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1 1/2 "cans" of milk or water (use empty condensed milk can as a measure)
- 1 yolk
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup of sugar for the caramel
- In a bowl mix the bread cut in small pieces, apple, condensed milk, milk or water, raisins and the yolk.
- Beat egg white till very stiff and fold in to the mixture.
- In a cake pan put the sugar and take to the stove and let it melt until is all melted and with the consistency of caramel and make sure to spread all over the pan.
- Put the mixture inside and take to the oven.
- The cake pan should be inside a dish with water.
- Cover the cake pan with foil until is ready and take the foil out and live the pudin for an extra 10 minutes.
- To know if the pudim is ready, just insert the knife and if comes clean it is ready.
- Let it cool and put in the fridge for at least 4 hours and just turn it into a plate.