Gracie Diet Recipe Of The Month
May 2006 - Couscous, by Angela Gracie
- 1 cup of couscous
- 1 cup of water
- 3 tbs of powder vegetable stock
- 1 small onion
- 8 garlic clove
- ½ Small red bell pepper
- 200g of green beans
- 300 g of broccolis
- 2 Small carrots
- 1 medium size Zucchini
- 75 g of Butter
- Put the water to boil with the vegetable power stock
- As soon as it boils take it out of the stove and mix with the couscous. Reserve.
- Cut the onion, garlic and bell pepper in small pieces
- Then cut all the vegetables into pieces about 2 cm.
- Steam the carrot, green beans for about 3 minutes and take from the steamer.
- In a big pan or frying pan melt the butter and put in the onion, garlic and bell pepper.
- Let them cook for about 5 minutes or until they start to get brown.
- Then put the broccoli and 2 minutes after that, add the Zucchini cook it for another 2 minutes.
- Then the carrot and green beans
- With a fork start to make the couscous separate from each other until it is all "fluffy".
- Mix the couscous with the mix.
- Should be moist after everything is mixed together.
- If not but a little more butter on it. Enjoy!